You can complete our on-line waitlist application (payment by debit or credit card) or you may stop by the center and pay with cash or check only.
To be placed on our wait list, a completed wait list application must be submitted with a $35.00 non-refundable payment. At least one parent must be affiliated with TAMU and have an UIN at the time of wait list submittal. Placement on the waiting list is determined according to the date we receive your completed application form. There are three exceptions. Priority is given to children who:
- are the dependents of a Children’s Center staff member who’ve been employed at the Center for at least one year.
- are the siblings of a child currently enrolled in the Center.
- are children of a TAMU student, if the student spots have not been filled.
Since children are enrolled for a full semester, most openings occur at the end of a semester. Parents complete a “Letter of Intent” prior to the end of each semester to let the Center know if their child will remain enrolled for the following semester. Once we’ve received these forms, we can then set the classroom rosters for the new semester and start informing families on the waitlist of possible openings. We rarely have opening mid semester, unless it is due to an unforseen emergency. We typically have a few withdrawals at the end of the Spring semester, however most withdrawals will occur at the end of the Summer semester since our prekindergarten children will depart to enroll in kindergarten. During this time, we typically enroll at least 50 new children. The ages of the children in each class can have a two-four month range. As such, we do not have a 2 year old class and a 3 year old class. The range allows for most consistency in the room because we do not move children as soon as they turn another year older. Once a spot becomes available, we will attempt to contact families using all contact numbers and emails listed on the application.
- When we contact you to offer you a space, you will be given 48 hours to make a decision to accept or decline the space. We understand that this time is short, however, we are trying to move through the process in a timely fashion so that waitlist families have their wait shortened.
- If you accept the space, the Center will send a confirmation of enrollment email messageindicating the start date of enrollment. The $35.00 non-refundable registration fee must be submitted to the Center by the deadline given in the email message to ensure enrollment.
- If you do not pick up the packet by the deadline, the Assistant Director will attempt to contact the family. If no contact is made within 48 hours, the space will be offered to the next family on the list and your child will be removed from the waitlist.
- If offered a space and the family declines, the family will be removed from the waitlist. If the family wants the child to remain on the list, a new waitlist application with payment must be submitted. On the date of payment, the child will be added to the waitlist as of that date.
(For more information about fees, see our Hours and Fees page.)
We understand that the waiting list can be very frustrating. In the Bryan/College Station area, families often have difficulty getting a space in a quality program. If you have additional questions about the waitlist, please contact Susan Haven at 979-458-5437 or by utilizing our online Contact Form .